Strategic Communications Group was granted a broadcast license for (KWSV – Simi Valley) and signed on the air Friday, March 13th at “High Noon” as Simi Valley’s Country radio station 99.1 FM The Ranch.
John “JD” Tayloe is the Founder and President of Strategic Communications Group and 99.1 The Ranch. Established in 1998, Strategic also owns and operates international Christian radio stations with coverage throughout Africa and Latin America called the Voice of Hope (www.voiceofhope.com).
From the beginning it was John’s desire to bring together a dream-team of talent and experience to build a community Country radio station that would reflect excellence in its programming and serve the local community of listeners and businesses in Simi Valley and Moorpark.
Mark Pallock, friend of thirty-years and Los Angeles Radio Broadcast Engineer, was asked by John to build-out the new radio station and serve as its Chief Engineer. Mark installed a state of the art transmitter facility and also built our show studio at the Simi Valley Town Center.
John had the pleasure of working with Michael Raffety in the Los Angeles Voiceover industry for several years and was impressed with Michael’s vast experience and artful giftedness in Programing and Production in Los Angeles radio. Michael Raffety serves as Program Director – 99.1 The Ranch and is the reason we enjoy a growing audience of loyal listeners.
In October of 2013, when the station was only a concept, John invited Thomas Herdering to join Strategic as its future Director of Community Outreach. In January 2015, Thomas joined the team and has been hard at work developing business relationships and sponsorships for the radio station. Thomas’ reputation in the local business community, business development experience and leadership along with his passion for building quality relationships is an important facet of what we want to accomplish with this community radio station. Thomas is ideally suited to attract sponsors that will take 99.1 The Ranch well into the future.
Our Leadership Team is just part of the story. None of this would be possible without our all-volunteer on-air Ranch Hands. Most are seasoned veterans in LA and Ventura County radio and voiceover. Thank you Ashley Paige, Brad Abrell, Casey Moran, Mese Smith, J. Perez, Jeff Carol, Pat Conrad, Tricia McNatt, Tasha Terry, Bill DeFoi, Mike “Tan-Man” Tanner, Jason “The Professor” Jefferies and Morei Jordane for giving life to the format and personality to the radio station!
As a non-profit community radio station, our goal is to connect the people of Simi Valley to each other through music, local events, artists, business, and government while building citywide relationships and participation.
- We believe that Simi Valley is a great American city where patriotism and family are celebrated and its citizens valued.
- We believe in uniting through community service, support of our citizens, our businesses, service organizations, churches, schools and government.
- We believe in recognizing people for their success.
- We support our local talent and mentor appreciation in music and the art of radio.
- We appreciate our volunteers, interns and on-air team.
- We believe that our faith and moral values is the cornerstone of our success.
Check out some of the great press coverage we have received so far:
- Simi Valley Acorn – December 26th, 2014 – Coming to airwaves near you
- Ventura County Star – March 25th, 2015 – Country music station launches in Simi Valley
- Moorpark Acorn – October 30th, 2015 – College’s new radio program puts students in class and on the air